Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tonight.

Tonight is one of those evenings that I wish I could bottle up and save for a rainy day. The sunset is casting beautiful shadows and everything is melting into that dusky haze. The birds are raising a wonderful commotion and I can hear a tractor working in a field nearby. Someone has a bonfire lit creating that incredible smokey scent that is pure springtime. I just want to soak it all in.


They say that you can't truly appreciate something until you have went without it for a time.  That up until then you can experience it without understanding the depth that it has, and after you have lost it and then gained it again you will never view it the same way. The very essence of this evening is that for me. Peaceful. Quiet. Still. That deep sense of roots grounding you. Solid. Secure. Safe. I lived too long without it and the past few years of rediscovery have been incredible.  These moments are gifts. Meant to be savored and thoroughly enjoyed. Where time stands still and you breathe it in and you let it sink into the deepest parts of your soul. It is where dreams come alive.

So thankful for God who is good even when life shatters. Who heals and restores and pours His perfect love out for imperfect people. Whatever life looks like right now I promise you that is the truth.

Keep Dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment