Sunday, April 26, 2015

Cocoa Butter Lotion Bars

My latest project? Cocoa butter lotion bars! I don't know why I was so intimidated by the thought of making my own lotion. It is so simple and the smell of these lotion bars is amazing! It is the perfect combination of chocolate and citrus. I made a test batch last week and loved them, so I made another batch for a girl's night!



I found the original recipe here!

Ingredients:
( one batch makes approximately 4 cubes)

1/4 cup raw cocoa butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup beeswax
10-15 drops essential oil (optional)
Silicone ice cube tray

I used doterra's Citrus Bliss essential oil blend and it smells amazing! You could leave it plain or use a different essential oil. Keep in mind that the cocoa butter smell is pretty strong so make sure to pick an oil that pairs well with chocolate. =) I will probably try peppermint next time! 

And speaking of girl's night, it was perfect! I am a quality time girl so in general I don't care what I am doing as long as I am with people I love. =) I got together with some of my sisters (aka: a couple of my cousins and my wonderful sil)! We ate, chatted and worked on creative projects! Does it get any better than that?!



 These girls are part of my community. My people that I can call or text anytime I need back-up. They are strong, passionate, amazingly unique women and I am so blessed by them!


Isn't this the truth!! We are just better together, plain and simple. Wherever you are start building your community. It might mean putting yourself out there, being vulnerable and taking some risks. It won't always look like you think it will or even turn out how you anticipate, but I promise you it is worth it!

Keep Dreaming!

2 comments: