Monday, June 22, 2015

Potato Salad and Jewelry!

Talk about an odd combination! =)

It is the time of year for cookouts, bonfires, and other such gatherings. You know what that means? Good food!! Burgers, brats, potato salad, baked beans, and of course...s'mores!!! In the side dish arena potato salad is king and I have been looking for a good recipe for a while. Something rustic and different. Well let me tell you this recipe is perfection!!! Honestly when I first saw it I wasn't sure if I would love it or hate it, but it turned out to be amazing! I adapted it from this recipe.

Potato Salad
  • 2 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise *
  • 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard *
  • 1 Tbsp. pickle juice *
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed *
  • 1 cup peas, steamed
  • 1 cup corn, cooked, cut off the cob
  • 8 slices bacon
  • 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup bread and butter pickles, chopped
  • salt and pepper
Cook the potatoes, corn on the cob and peas (all separately) and set aside to cool.
Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice and garlic together and set aside.
Cook the bacon and green onions together until the bacon is crispy. Let cool and cut bacon into pieces. 
Cut the corn off of the cob and chop the pickles.
Toss the potatoes in the dressing while they are barely warm and set aside for 10 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and salt and pepper to taste and mix gently to combine.

*These are the ingredients for the dressing. I went a smidge over these measurements the second time I made this because I wanted a little more dressing, but that is just my personal preference. =)

 If you have the self restraint to not eat it all immediately you can refrigerate it until it is chilled and your guests have arrived...or you could always hide it in the back of your fridge and run down the road for a tub of store bought to serve everyone else and save the good stuff for your midnight snack later...just saying, it's that good... ;)


Now for the sparkly part of this post!!! I won a giveaway from Emily Beachy at Everyday Beauty Co.!!!  If you are looking to add to your jewelry collection or purchase a little something for a friend, check out her etsy shop here! She makes beautiful and unique jewelry designs and I am compiling quite the wish list! ;)  Here is the necklace I received, and I had to include the packaging details which were simply sweet! I love when people take the time to make the finishing touches special!! I only wish my camera would have captured the sparkle factor better! =)



That's all for today!

Keep Dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment